With a starting Canadian MSRP of $23,698 and more content than ever, the 2015 Nissan Altima has become the benchmark in its hotly contested segment.
The Altima offers numerous segment defining attributes that enhance the ownership experience and provide real customer value, including:
- Standard features on 2.5 S (5" Colour Display, RearView Monitor, USB, Smartphone App Integration, SiriusXM Satellite Radio, and 6-way power driver's seat)
- Targeted (6.2L /100km) highway fuel economy* (2.5-litre engine)
- Premium exterior styling with a commanding presence and impressive aerodynamics
- Upscale interior rivalling premium luxury sedans, including NASA-inspired "zero-gravity" seats, and available Advanced Drive-Assist™ Display and BOSE® Premium Audio System
- An outstanding balance of ride comfort, stability and fun-to-drive demeanour
- Standard Bluetooth® Hands-Free Phone System and Streaming Audio via Bluetooth®
- The available NissanConnect℠ Apps system with display audio and navigation. NissanConnect℠Apps offers users a new way of staying connected by allowing in-car connectivity of popular smartphone applications including Facebook and Google services (some apps will have late availability. Please visit Nissan.ca/NissanConnect for more details).
- Next-generation Safety Shield Technologies, including available Blind Spot Warning (BSW), Lane Departure Warning (LDW) and Moving Object Detection (MOD) systems (Now available on the 2.5 SV with Technology Package)
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) with Easy Fill Tire Alert
NASA-Inspired "Zero-Gravity" Seats, Quiet Cabin
In the desire to help reduce the fatigue experienced during long commutes or extended road trips, Nissan turned to seating and posture research from the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA). According to NASA, the least fatiguing seats are those that come closest to a "neutral posture" – a relaxed position that the human body takes in a weightless environment.
Utilizing an articulated seat shape with continuous support from the pelvis to the chest and distribution of localized deformation characteristics, the "zero-gravity" Altima seats help reduce muscular and spinal loads, and improve blood flow – thereby helping reduce fatigue over long periods behind the wheel. Seat surface perforations provide increased ventilation, breathability and comfort. Heated front seats are also available.
Advanced Drive-Assist™ Display
The Advanced Drive-Assist™ Display comes standard on every model and is customizable, easy-to-use and integrates key information right in front of the driver.
Located in the centre of the instrument display between the tachometer and speedometer, it features a 4.0-inch colour display, more than 400 percent larger than the previous generation Altima's vehicle information display. Utilizing more natural 3D-effect graphics, it helps the driver to keep his or her eyes on the road longer than a traditional centre stack information monitor.
Safety Shield Technologies
In addition to its many other functions, the Advanced Drive-Assist™ Display can be linked to three available innovative safety features – Blind Spot Warning (BSW), Lane Departure Warning (LDW) and Moving Object Detection (MOD) – typically offered only on more upscale vehicles. The three systems are part of the optional Technology Package (late availability), which also includes the NissanConnect℠ Apps system with 7.0-inch colour touch-screen and steering wheel navigation system controls. Thanks to the use of the systems' advanced, next-generation rearview camera, the BSW, LDW and MOD are integrated, intuitive and affordable.
The Blind Spot Warning System uses the rearview camera to scan the Altima's blind spots and alerts the driver if there is a vehicle in the zone. The driver is then alerted with audible and visual indicators. In the same way, the Lane Departure Warning system uses the rearview camera to monitor lane markings and alerts the driver if the vehicle unintentionally crosses these markers. Moving Object Detection detects moving objects, such as other vehicles when the rear-view camera is engaged when backing up and warns the driver with visual cues.
Dynamic Driving Performance
Building on Altima's reputation for superior dynamic performance, the 2015 Altima offers a redefined multi-link rear suspension benchmarked to leading European sports sedans.
The design features high lateral suspension stiffness, improved toe angle control (with the addition of new connect bushings) and improved camber angle control under load (for increased tire contact with the road when cornering) versus the previous generation Altima. The suspension also utilizes a new shock absorber design by ZF SACHS, similar to that used on high-end luxury sedans, to deliver stellar body control and response, while simultaneously providing a plush, comfortable ride. The 2015 Altima's front suspension uses an independent front strut design. Stabilizer bars are utilized front and rear.
- Nissan News Canada