Mercedes-AMG C 43 4MATIC added an attractive new model to the sporty C-Class line-up in the guise of the C 43 4MATIC Coupé. With the powerful 270 kW (367 hp) 3.0-litre V6 Biturbo engine, 9G‑TRONIC automatic transmission with shortened shift times, AMG Performance 4MATIC all-wheel drive and model-specific suspension, both newcomers boast the brand's hallmark Driving Performance.
With its maximum power of 270 kW (367 hp) and peak torque of 520 Newton metres, the 3.0-litre V6 Biturbo engine on board the 2016 models can deliver impressive performance. The sprint from a standing start to 100 km/h is completed in 4.8 seconds (Cabriolet) and 4.7 seconds (Coupé), with the vehicles' speed electronically limited at 250 km/h.
The agile driving experience is mainly thanks to the standard-fit AMG Performance 4MATIC all-wheel drive with rear-biased torque distribution, the AMG RIDE CONTROL sports suspension with adaptive adjustable damping, the newly developed front axle, the stiff elastokinematic and the highly precise steering.
- 3.0-litre V6 Biturbo engine with modified engine management increased boost pressure and significantly enhanced dynamics and responsiveness.
- 9G-TRONIC automatic transmission with reduced shift times and double-declutching function during downshifting.
- AMG performance 4MATIC all-wheel drive with rear-biased torque distribution of 31 to 69 percent (front axle to rear axle)
- AMG DYNAMIC SELECT Switch for dynamic, individually selectable driving experience with five transmission modes and AMG-specific parameterization.
- Three-stage Electronic Stability Program ESP®
- Rear axle with elastokinematic tailored to higher driving dynamics.
- Large braking system with internally ventilated compound brake discs, perforated at the front with a diameter of 360 mm, and with a diameter of 320 mm at the rear.
- AMG styling with model-specific front and rear apron as well as special exhaust tailpipes.
- Diamond radiator grille with chrome pins and louvre in high-gloss black.
- 18" AMG light-alloy wheels in 5-spoke design, painted high-gloss black with a high-sheen finish.
- AMG instrument cluster in chequered flag design with 280 km/h scale and AMG main menu.
- Multifunction sports steering wheel in leather with deep embossing in the grip area, flattened bottom section, with red contrasting topstitching.
- Upholstery in ARTICO human-made leather / DINAMICA microfibre in black with AMG-specific seat upholstery layout and red topstitching.
The Mercedes-AMG C 43 4MATIC Cabriolet and Coupé offer the optimum conditions for high driving dynamics and superior comfort on long journeys thanks to the standard-fit AMG RIDE CONTROL sports suspension with adaptive adjustable damping.
The front axle has been provided with stiffer steering knuckles, improved elastokinematics and increased negative camber. In combination with the likewise newly developed wishbone guide bearings, this design results in significantly more agile cornering plus more precise and direct suspension feedback from the road.
- Daimler Media