The 2017 Ridgeline, which made its Canadian debut at the Canadian International Auto Show, once again challenged the conventional thinking in the pickup truck market with Honda-exclusive features, design and technology.
“We are bringing our unique technology and original thinking to the market in a new and challenging concept for a Honda pickup,” said Jean-Marc Leclerc, Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Honda Canada Inc. “We think we’ve got a better idea, a truck that uses its unibody construction and Honda packaging magic to deliver more of the things that many of today’s truck customers want and need with none of the things they don’t.”
The 2017 Ridgeline launched in the first half of 2016 with a combination of features and capabilities unlike anything else on the market today, including:
- Superior on-road performance – with the segment’s best handling, ride quality, cabin quietness and all-weather traction capabilities – courtesy of its unibody construction, sophisticated chassis, and i-VTM4™ torque-vectoring AWD system
- Class-leading space – with the largest and most versatile cabin and the only 4-foot-wide flatbed space in the midsize pickup segment at the time, along with targeted payload capacity rivaling top competitors
- Innovative and class-exclusive features, including an In-Bed Trunk™, dual-action tailgate and the industry’s first truck-bed audio system – making Ridgeline the ultimate tailgating vehicle
- Targeted top-in-class acceleration, NR-CAN fuel economy ratings and third-party collision safety ratings, and featuring Honda’s next-generation ACE™ body structure and Honda Sensing™ suite of safety and driver-assist technologies
- Leading edge connectivity with 8-inch Display Audio featuring Apple Car Play® and Android Auto™ compatibility
Advanced Chassis, Powertrain and All-Wheel-Drive
The 2017 Ridgeline was based on Honda’s Global Light Truck platform with its rigid yet lightweight unibody construction, next-generation ACE™ body structure and sophisticated, fully independent suspension, delivering a higher level of ride and handling refinement than conventional body-on-frame designs. The Ridgeline is powered by a 3.5-liter, direct-injected i-VTEC™ V-6 engine mated to a 6-speed automatic transmission, targeting best-in-class acceleration performance and segment-leading NR-CAN fuel economy ratings.
Sophisticated, Versatile and Spacious Cabin
Inside, the Ridgeline boasts the largest, most versatile and sophisticated cabin in a midsize 4-door pickup, featuring high-grade materials and finishes, available leather trim and all the latest technologies that Honda has to offer. These functions include tri-zone climate control, push-button start, a full-colour TFT centre meter and 8-inch Display Audio touchscreen with Apple Car Play and Android Auto compatibility.
The Ridgeline’s 60/40-split flip-up rear seat provides the ultimate versatility for people and cargo-hauling utility. With the seats folded down, the Ridgeline will comfortably carry up to five people while still accommodating long items, like a set of golf clubs, under the rear seat. Folding up one or both sides of the 60/40-split seat bottom opens up the back to carry tall and bulky items.
A Bed Like No Other
The Ridgeline bed offers pickup users unmatched versatility in a midsize 4-door pickup. At 5’ wide and 5’4” long (5.4 inches wider and 4 inches longer than the previous generation Ridgeline), the 2017 Honda Ridgeline has the only 4-foot wide flatbed space (with 48 inches between the rear wheel arches) in the midsize pickup class. This allows for flat hauling of items like plywood sheeting or drywall. The Ridgeline also offers payload capacity rivaling top competitors, approaching 1,600 pounds, with final specifications to be released closer to launch.
The composite, UV-stabilized and scratch-resistant bed also boasts a number of available Honda-exclusive features that add to its incredible versatility, including an In-Bed Trunk™, dual-action tailgate, available 400-watt AC power inverter and the industry’s first truck-bed audio system.
- Honda Canada